All Saints Brightside Marriages 1869-1935

Transcription of marriages conducted at this Anglican parish church that served the densely populated area of Ellesmere in North East Sheffield. The parish was formed from St Thomas Brightside and the building paid for by Sir John Brown, owner of the Atlas Steel Works, who was worried that his workforce was drifting to the Methodists. The tall blackened spire of the neo-Gothic church could be seen from across the city until it was demolished in 1978.

Price: £4.95

Format: Excel

Ref: SHE-G445